Kemper Run-Off Leadership Team Announced
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LONG GROVE, Ill. – Acting President, CEO
and CFO Michael A. Coutu announced the members of his senior management
team who will guide Kemper’s run-off. The team is comprised
of professionals from Kenning Financial Advisors, LLC, the firm
headed by Mr. Coutu that Kemper retained last November to provide
run-off expertise and services, and experienced Kemper executives.
- Doug Andrews (Kenning), who will serve as chief operating officer.
Doug will be responsible for the functions most critical to a
successful run-off, including reinsurance recoverables, claims,
reinsurance commutations and policy buybacks.
- Harold Marsh (Kenning), who, as Kemper’s chief administrative
officer will oversee regulatory and corporate affairs, surety,
underwriting, real estate, human resources, corporate communications
and information technology.
- Dennis Wong (Kemper) has been elected vice president and treasurer.
He will oversee Kemper’s corporate finance unit, including
procurement/disbursements, treasury, internal audit, taxes, investments
and financial reporting.
- Fred Kist (Kemper), who will continue to serve as chief actuary
and lead the statistical/actuarial department.
- Benjamin (Bud) Schwartz (Kenning), has been appointed as transactional
counsel and will supervise Kemper’s legal team other than
with respect to regulatory and corporate affairs, which will remain
under John Conway (Kemper).
”I’m confident that this is the right management team
to lead Kemper as we move deeper into the execution phase of the
run off,” said Coutu.